CIVIC EDUCATION EXAMINATION SCHEME
There will be two papers, paper 1 and paper 2; both of which will be in a composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: This will be a 1-hour multiple choice test consisting of fifty questions drawn from the entire syllabus and will carry 40 marks.
Paper 2: This paper will be a 2- hour essay type test consisting of three sections: Sections A, B, C. Each section shall contain three questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions choosing at least one from each Section. The paper will carry 60 marks. The sections shall cover the following areas of the syllabus:
Section A: National ethics, discipline, rights and obligations
Section B: Emerging Issues in the society
Section C: Governmental system and processes
1. Which of the following is an acceptable societal value?
C. Praise singing
D. Family planning
2. Which of the following is an effective way of resolving inter-communal conflict?
3. When there is a dispute in a community, members should
A. be indifferent to the issue.
B. cooperate with others.
C. leave the community entirely.
D. be resolute to their cause.
4. Community development projects can best be achieved if the people are
5. Which of the following is a major problem of the Nigerian Civil Service?
B. Red tapism
6. The civic obligation of a citizen includes
A. political socialization.
B. political participation.
C. engaging in family planning.
D. engaging in business ventures.
7. The following are goals of citizenship education except
A. preparing learners for leadership.
B. developing appropriate attitude in the learners.
C. creating job opportunities.
D. providing social amenities.
8. HIV/AIDS is spread mainly through
A. indiscriminate sexual intercourse.
B. kissing and hugging.
C. sharing toiletries with victims.
D. handshake with victims.
9. People living with HIV/AIDS could be assisted by
A. isolating them.
B. showing them love.
C. blaming them.
D. avoiding them.
10. Which of the following does not promote national consciousness?
A. Respect for the symbols and identities of the country
B. Promotion of people’s culture and tradition
C. Appropriate use of the mass media
D. Inappropriate use of state property
11. Modern countries adopt rule of law in order to make
A. lawyers independent.
B. the law supreme.
C. the judiciary part of legislature.
D. laws in parliament.
12. The habit of obeying traffic regulations helps the individual to
A. report late at work.
B. avoid unnecessary accident.
C. be lazy at work.
D. use unauthorized route.
13. Which of the following roles should a responsible parent perform?
A. Sending the children to hawk on the street
B. Instilling in children appropriate values and attitude
C. Encouraging early marriage
D. Showing favour to a particular child
14. A challenge facing the protection of human rights in Nigeria is
A. absence of public complaints commission.
B. failure of leaders to promote rule of law.
C. independence of the judiciary.
D. press freedom.
15. Election is a key pillar of democracy because it helps to
A. determine the legitimacy of government.
B. unite the country against external aggression.
C. create goodwill and unity among political parties.
D. identify the richest political party in Nigeria.
1. (a) What is citizenship education?
(b) Identify four roles of citizenship education.
2. (a) What is inter-communal conflict?
(b) Highlight four ways of resolving inter-communal conflicts in Nigeria.
3. In what five ways can the legislature contribute to the development of democracy in
4. (a) Define democracy.
(b) State four ways of promoting democracy in Nigeria.
5. (a) Explain the term Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
(b) State four reasons for the introduction of the Universal Declaration of Human
2016 Waec: May June Time Table
2016 waec scheme for Social studies
Agric Science Waec 2016 Scheme
2016 Waec: Computer Science Scheme
2016 waec scheme for government
Uniuyo Aptitude Test Past Questions
2016 Waec Exam Scheme for Civic Education
Visit www.mywaec for the list of specimens and other exclusive details
Here is the 2016 waec time table
Waec Schemes for other Subjects.
Use any of the links below to view our Waec scheme pages for other subjects.