2016 CRK CRS Scheme Waec Sample Questions
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1and 2, both of which will be a composite paper to be taken
at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple choice objective questions all of which must be
answered within 1 hour for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of nine essay-type questions. Candidates will be required to
answer four questions within 2 hours for 60 marks.
The questions will be arranged in sections as follows:
Section A: Themes from the Old Testament – four questions.
Section B: Themes from the Synoptic Gospels – three questions.
Section C: Themes from the Acts of the Apostles, James and I Peter
– two questions.
Candidates will be required to answer four questions in all, choosing at least one
question from each section and the fourth question from either Section A or
The Revised Standard Version of the Bible will be used in setting of questions.
1. According to Hosea, Israel’s relationship with God is that of
A. a faithful wife with a faithless husband.
B. the love between a woman and her husband.
C. a faithless wife and a loving husband.
D. a repentant wife and her forgiving husband.
2. King Josiah was regarded as a defender of Jewish religion because he
A. killed all the priests of Baal.
B. converted all the worshippers of Baal.
C. built a new temple in Jerusalem.
D. reformed the corrupt religion of Israel.
3. When David was informed that the child born to him by Bethsheba had died, he
A. sought Nathan’s counsel on what to do.
B. anointed himself and worshipped the lord.
C. wept throughout the day.
D. tore his robe and went to his house.
4. Which of the following tribes accompanied Deborah and Barak to the war against
Jabin and Sisera?
A. Ephraim and Dan
B. Naphtali and Zebulun
C. Issachar and Reuben
D. Ephraim and Benjamin
5. The place where Moses experienced that the burning bush was not consumed was
PAPER 2 (ESSAY)
[Themes from the Old Testament]
1. (a) How did\Solomon first apply his wisdom?
(b) In what three ways can God’s wisdom be applied?
2. (a) Narrate the events leading to Gehazi’s acquisition of leprosy.
(b) State two lessons that can be derived from the story.
[Themes from the Synoptic Gospels]
3. (a) Highlight the events that took place when Jesus was brought
before Caiaphas, the High Priest.
(b) State three consequences of bearing false witness.
[Themes from the Acts of the Apostles, James and I Peter]
4. (a) Outline the teaching of James on partiality.
(b) Give three reasons why Christians should avoid partiality.
Waec Schemes for other Subjects.
Use any of the links below to view our Waec scheme pages for other subjects.